BOA FOR SEZs GRANTS 5 FORMAL AND 1 IN-PRINCIPLE APPROVALS
Date : 20 Mar 2008
Location : New Delhi
The 23rd meeting of the Board of Approval for Special Economic Zones (SEZs) was held on 20th March, 2008 to consider proposals for setting up of Special Economic Zones and also approve other miscellaneous requests pertaining to SEZs.
Chairman informed the members of the Board that so far formal approvals have been granted for setting up of 449 SEZs out of which 206 have been notified as on date.
In this meeting, 9 proposals for setting up SEZs, including 1 proposal for conversion of In-Principle approval to Formal Approval were considered. The Board recommended grant of 5 Formal approvals and 1 In-Principle approval as follows:
1. IT/ITES SEZ in Karnataka by Brigade Enterprises Private Limited
2. Biotech SEZ in Andhra Pradesh by Vivo Bio Tech Limited
3. IT&ITES SEZ in Haryana by Wellgrow Buildcon Private Limited
4. IT/ITES SEZ in Haryana by M/s. Sunwise Properties Private Limited
5. IT/ITES SEZ in Kerala by Smart City (Kochi) Infrastructure Private Limited (Conversion of In Principle approval to Formal approval)
1. Engineering SEZ in Maharashtra by Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC)